RE: NERW 6/17: WBEC's Not Being Sold

Scott Fybush, NERW writes:

> And Ken Squier's classical WCVT (101.7 Stowe) files for a
> license to
> cover for its power increase; the station jumps from 135
> to 500 watts
> with a directional antenna (from more than 2000 feet AAT,
> mind you!),
> putting a solid signal over Burlington.

That is welcome news.  I hope the signal will do better here (an
hour south) in the Middlebury, VT area.  If VPR isn't dayparting
classical, then 101.7 has a tough time making it over the Greens.

Bill O'Neill (Not at all happy that he was not in town when Scott
was making a recent Burlington road-swing!)