RE: click and clack

>Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:31:04 -0400
>From: "Aaron [Bishop] Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
>Subject: Re: click and clack
>
>But it does raise an interesting point, if Jane DID decide to leave WBUR
>tomorrow, who would take her place?   I've been gone from there for a few
>years now but last time I checked there wasn't anyone near the top with the
>iron will to maintain the dictatorship that Jane has.  Not surprising...
>anyone with that power would be fired b/c they'd be a threat to her.

I'd imagine they would do something like what commercial radio often does,
scour the company nationwide (or the affiliated network, in this case NPR) for
candidates with the bodaciousness to fill her shoes, and end up importing
someone we may have never even heard of here.

There are too many people making their livings (and some pretty good ones,
remember what Lydon was making/offered, even small fractions of those amounts
aren't bad at all) to allow it to become less than it is because of not having
someone aggressive enough at the helm should something happen to Jane.

Maybe they'd even import a leader from commercial radio. Most of their
airstaff and some of their management already has history in commercial
broadcasting.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .