Re:Re: Very Unusual Commercial Airing Currently on WBZ-AM

Dan wrote:
>I also applaud WBZ for running the ads.  Media outlets
>certainly have the right to turn down such ads, but I
>think they should only do so when the claims made are
>clearly false or the content offensive.

Not to pick on you Dan, I just didn't want to consolidate all the emails I read on this:

This is the same station that refused to broadcast political ads for candidates and incumbants for Boston City Council a few years ago because they would have had to give them the lowest rate available.    New management, new owners,  reason for taking the ad?  simple, $$$$
Nothing wrong with that since that's what they are in business to do, but don't make more out of it than is really there.  $$$  PSA's don't generate $$$
df