Re: today's LTAR

Mike G. wrote:

> that talk radio is one of
> the few places where conservatism can be heard.

I'd have to agree re: liberal bias (I heartily
recommend Bernard Goldberg's book "Bias", which deals
with examples of it, especially on evening network
news).

Personally, I'm conservative on some issues, liberal
on others. Some people refer to people like Jerry
Williams (and maybe me) as "classic liberals"-- social
liberal, fiscal conservative or moderate. I tend
to like Howie Carr (more for the entertainment
value but I do agree with him on several issues),
Brudnoy, etc. I did enjoy Stephanie Miller
when she had her show, as well as the old Alan
Colmes show (both liberals). Have gotten some tapes
of Michael Jackson from L.A. (no, not the Gloved One
but a British-born talker) and I enjoy him as well
and wish he were still doing a national show.

  I'm just surprised a Bill
> Clinton, Mario Cuomo or some other prominent Liberal
> with great communication and speech skills hasn't
> taken a stab at it.

Jim Hightower from Texas did a show for awhile.