Re: today's LTAR

>   I'm just surprised a Bill
> > Clinton, Mario Cuomo or some other prominent Liberal
> > with great communication and speech skills hasn't
> > taken a stab at it.
>
>Jim Hightower from Texas did a show for awhile.

Dunno if he does a longform show anymore but Jim Hightower still does
shortform commentaries..I believe we run them on WKXL.  Mario Cuomo did a
weekly show for a while...it was discontinued fairly recently.

For some reason conservative talkers just seem to be more entertaining than
liberal ones...Rush & Howie are showmen and know how to keep an audience
interested even if they don't agree...liberal hosts for some reason tend,
at least on the radio to be dry and preachy.  Mario Cuomo was a perfect
example of this...a good public speaker who just didn't translate well to
radio.

Someone categorized David Brudnoy as conservative.  I never got that
impression of him.