Re: Renamed WHOB from Nashua Pride

  tklaundry@juno.com wrote:

>Didn't know Mike Morin had left.  Peg Jett was the night jock prior to
>being named Mike's sidekick.  As for news on WHOB, prior to Peg reading
>copy WHOB used Channel 9's audio during GMA as their newsbreaks.  I wonder
>if they'll go back to that now?  Prior to Telemedia buying the station I
>used to enjoy them, they had an edge in music that other stations on my
>dial didn't have, now they are the usual fare.

They also have something else they didn't have before TeleMedia bought
them: listeners.  While their free-form altrock format may have appealed to
obscure music nuts, they went many years with a sub-1 share.  Ratings are
still a pale shadow of what they were in the late 80s, at least they show
up now.