Re: WRKO replaces Dr. Laura with V.B.

--- R Palino <rpalino@mailandnews.com> wrote:

> However, she *IS* a Dr.

Very good point, and I, for one, should stop using the
"Not a Doctor" bit. For earning a Ph.D, in whatever
the speciality, she should be referred to
as "Doctor". I stand corrected.

(By the way, I've noticed former office holders are
often still referred to with their previous titles.
Not only would some refer to a former U.S. President
as "President", but I've heard Ray Flynn referred to
as "Ambassador Flynn" even though he is no longer
ambassador to the Vatican-- and you could probably
call him "Mayor Flynn" despite the fact that he's
been out of office for a decade or so, etc.)