Re: Return of Marketplace

At 04:43 PM 6/1/2002, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>Funny, I seem to remember a number of posts in the weeks
>following September 11th when WBUR took Marketplace off
>the air to develop a new program (Special Coverage/On
>Point) lamenting the fact that it was gone, now it's back
>and there is complaining...
>df

I don't think that's the issue...I wanted to see Marketplace back,
too...but I liked it when I could catch the last bit of ATC on my commute
home; I routinely work late (helps avoid afternoon rush hour) and often I'm
on the road around 6 - 7pm.

That said, I'll up the ante on the gripefest :-) by saying how distasteful
I've found the On Point/Connection rebroadcast block.  Four straight hours
of call-in talk is more than even a flaming liberal like me can take...but
I do rather like On Point; I think Tom Ashbrook's a better host than Dick
Gordon myself, but Dick's pretty good too.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron