Re: Adjacent Frequency AM Reception

Chuck: I have no cell phone and no pager. Anyhow, the
fact that the interference is apparently localized in
the vicinity of my house and the house across the street
suggests that the cause is not something that travels
with me but is stationary in the area where I detect the
problem.

I just searched for "Invisible Fence" and discovred that
the company makes systems for use inside of houses as
well as out-of-doors. I wonder if maybe the folks in the
house across the street use such a system not to
restrict their cat's perigrinations outside but to keep
the cat out of certain rooms inside. That would explain
the cat's frequent presence in my backyard.

Now the company that makes Invisible Fence says that its
product complies with FCC regulations on interference to
electronic equipment and that it is "designed to cause
no interference." In my experience, when a company says
its product is designed not to do something, the company
means "sure it does it; just don't hold us responsible."

The Web site did not, however, contain any information
on the frequency or frequencies its transmitters use.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205