RE: Adjacent Frequency AM Reception

 Are  you saying you're mere feet from the 1060 WBIX Transmitter/tower? Then
that's probably the blanketing effect. The closest broadcaster to my home,
1600 WQOP Atlantic Beach (Jax), FL is 5kw day and about 89w at night
nondirectional.  A major thoroughfare runs directly in front of the tower /
station, Atlantic Blvd, FL Rte 10. Whenever I drive by the WQOP plant it
'blanks out' or comes close to blanking out other AM stations I'm listening
to on the dial. Listening to third-adjacent 1570 WGSR, 10kw about 20 miles
to the north - they seem to diminish WGSR's signal for about a mile radius
or so. Continuing further away from 1600 WGSR's signal returns to it's
typical stregnth. At night, the blanketing effect is mostly in the vicinity
of the station's property.