Re: memories of Jerry Williams' show

> You know I could never tell if she was a put-on...or
> is she was really an
> funny, witty old lady.

I think it may have been a guy doing a woman's voice,
actually....(kind of like how Jonathan Winters used
to do his "Maudie Prickett" voice). And I thought I
heard Jerry say who did the character (I forget the
name) and it was a man's name; and also that the man
had passed away. But you could still hear "Grace" call
in to Jerry's show, even in the last years of its
afternoon incarnation (early 90s). (Maybe someone
"took over" the voice
when the orignator passed on?)