Re: X calls

At 02:43 PM 5/21/2002, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>The trade press is particularly brain-dead when it comes to Mexican
>stations' callsigns; (snip)
>-GAWollman

It's not just Mexican stations...Allston-Brighton Free Radio has no
callsigns at all - we're Part 15 unlicensed! - but the Globe always tries
to assign us some whenever they add us to Talk of the Dial or
whereever.  Usually it's WABF or WBFR...grrrrr....

At least when we were Radio Free Allston we were commonly called WRFA...not
too bad.  But the Brighton residents got all uppity about not being
included in the name and hence "ABFR" was created.  I kid you not - that
was the reason.  Well, also partly to distinguish the legal incarnation of
ABFR on 1670AM from the illegal incarnation of RFA on 106.1FM

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron