Re: Once a WBUR Guy, Always a WBUR Guy

On 8 May 2002 at 9:43, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> This morning WBUR was continuing its VERY annoying Mother's Day pitch,  so
> I switched to WGBH-FM.  Their morning host is Jordan Weinstein (splg?) who
> used to do the Dave Faneuf thing on WBUR in afternoon drive.  Well today
> (05/08) during the 7:00 am lead-in to Morning Edition from NPR, Jordan
> said: "Now more of Morning Edition here on WBUR...WGBH!" If Jane Cristo
> were head honcho at 'GBH, he's be at the unemployment office before his
> shift was over.

Reminds me of a story I read in the newspaper during Weld's first year in office as governor.
There was one guy, whose name escapes me, who held a high-level post in the Dukakis
administration and whom Weld not only kept on, but promoted to a higher position in his
administration, one in which he saw Weld frequently.  Seems that one day, while he was in
the State House lunch room, somebody saw him and said, "Hi, how's the governor?"

The guy replied, "I saw him a couple of weeks ago.  He's enjoying teaching at Northeastern."

Fortunately for him, when Weld heard it, he thought it was hilariously funny and had a good,
long laugh.