Re: New Hampshire Business Review Article About WFEA News

Roy wrote:
> You can say that again Dave! I was at this same CHR
> station and was having difficulties getting "Open
> House Party" on the air...no audio! So like any
> typical broadcaster - I'm swearing out words and
> making up new phrases trying to figure out why audio
> is not being delivered while my PD and family are
> driving back from a Red Sox game on a Sunday evening.
> Doesn't make you feel too fuzzy inside. 17 years in
> broadcasting, how until this day that occurred beats
> me.
> ...as there was no evidence of any open mikes!

About six or seven years ago, when I was working at a local station on
Sunday mornings, I had the same issue.

We were running a taped religious program (ironically enough a minister
awaiting his program to air was a room or two down) and something didn't go
right, either I popped the tape in wrong, or the cart didn't fire, or I
didn't turn on the pot. So I'm dropping an s-bomb here, an f-bomb there, and
my supervisor at the station walks in.

While it never got out over the air, I sure as heck learned my lesson.