RE: Windows, Outlook and Attachments (was Fw: Virus Warning fromMailScan to Mail-Recipient!)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Hakim Madjid wrote:

> If your anti virus software allows it's not a bad idea to set it to
> automatically scan all incoming and outgoing email and attachments. I never
> open attachments if I don't know who they're from.

Not a bad idea......although I will add this- if someone you know doesn;t
scan their attachment before opening it adn you email address is in their
addressbook it can be sent to you, so even if it -is- someone you know you
should be careful.......not trying to step on your toes, luckily I read my
email through Pine on a friend's linux server. I hate windows mail
readers, or any web based mail...call me ancient..... :)

Jeremy