Re: Lowell & Lwarence (and Haverill?) - W L L H !

Joe Pappalardo wrote:
> You know, I 've been thinking abut the WLLH-Haverill thing.....
>
> It may have been easier to have the ida of a Lowell transmitter when
> they were picking the call letters....but a bit more difficult to do
> anything more than that.
>
> Would it have ever been possible to fire up a THIRD transmitter on
> 1400 in Haverill?
>
> Since they had an "expoeriemental lisence"...would they ever have
> gotten a lisence for a thrid "experiemental station"?
>
> Community-wise, Lowell and Lawrence are considered 'sister
> cities'...and Haverill was really an outsider in this scenario.
>
> Does having a 1490 already in Haverill affect the placement of a 1400
> in same city?
>
> Isn't a 1400 in Haverill getting too close to WMYF-Portsmouth(1380),
> WASR-Wolfboro (1420).
>
> Maybe the idea of a Haverill transmitter was more of a "pipe dream"
> than reality.
>
> However, Lawrence had 2 signals (LLH-CCM)...Lowell had 2 (CAP-LLH),
> Nashua had 2 (OTW-SMN), haverill only had one...1490.
>
> Thoughts, comments?

While it may have flown in the face of the WLLH idea, who said a Haverhill
transmitter had to be on 1400? They could have easily thrown a Haverhill
transmitter on another frequency and simulcast it.

Re: number of stations: Haverhill had a hard enough time supporting the one
station (1490), which subsequently went Spanish 10 years ago, whereas Lowell
supported a pair of local stations up until 1999 or so.