Re: WGHJ, WCCM-FM, WCGY

>Peter wrote--
>      This might be a good question to ask Donna Halper
>about 93.7's transmitter history!!  Donna? (please!).

Well, it ain't exactly a heritage station like the Yankee Network or
Westinghouse had.  Theirs were on the air in the early 40s.  But  I can't
find WGHJ listed in the 40s or even in the 50s. My 1960 Radio Annual (which
lists stations on the air in late 1959),  does show WGHJ at 93.7, owned by
"Lawrence Broadcasting Co", operating with an ERP (I think they measured
this in kilowatts back then, right?)  of 1.35, antenna height of 210 ft--
not exactly a power house.  I don't find the station listed in the 1958 or
1959 Radio Annuals, so my guess is the station went on the air sometime in
late 1959.  WGHJ is listed in 1960, 61, 62  and 63 exactly that way.  BUT
in the 1964 Annual, which reflects what occurred in late 1963, WGHJ is
GONE, and is now listed as WCCM-FM, owned by Curt Gowdy Broadcasting.

Oh since we were discussing WUPY a while back, I note in my 1962 Radio-TV
Annual that WUPY is listed in Lynn, along with WCRB in Boston, as
"commercial FM stations broadcasting fulltime in stereo."  But by the 1964
Radio-TV Annual, WUPY too is gone, and only WLYN-FM (which went on the air
in 1963, according to the Annual) is listed for Lynn.