Comrex Remote System

That station I working at is doing a live remote from
Jamaica all week long so we have been experimenting
with different methods of getting a stable link form
the Island back t the studio.  One of the systems our
PD came up with is a Comrex system that works like a
modem.  It actually modulates the audio into a digital
format with one box and then passes it through the
phone line to the other box where it is demodulated
back to audio and ran through the board.  We have had
very bad luck with it because of the bad connections
that they have back to the mainland.  Has anyone else
ever used a system like this?

=====
Cooper
    Alice 93.7 FM  WXAL, Middlebury, VT