RE: Bad Slogans (was: WROR-FM?)

Bob Nelson:
>Speaking of slogans, I've heard stations say, "While
>they're talkin', we're rockin'..." --a slogan spoofed
>by one of the liners used on WBZ's "Steve Leveille
>Broadcast": "While they're rockin', we're talkin'..."
>:)

Keyword: Spoof.  I think spoofed liners can be funny, significant for
the fact that "We know we need a bleepin' liner here 'cause we're er,
supposed to, because it's the.. well, we just DO, so take....THAT."  I
also think it's tough to go wrong with a little radio-self-deprecation
in a biz that is so chock full of self-defeca....

Bill O'Neill