Re: WBOQ

Does Doug Tanger still own the station?  His father was the President of
Marlin and Doug tried for years to buy WVCA from Mr. Geller.  After a few
years, he gave up and bought WCLZ.  Shortly after the purchase, Geller
decided to sell to Tanger and Tanger decided to sell WCLZ.  I worked at WCLZ
at the time.  Back then, station sales took months to close and LMAs were not
allowed.  To avoid the staff leaving during the sales process, Tanger offered
all full-time employees bonuses if they stayed through the sales.  I got six
weeks extra pay when the sale closed so I'll always think pleasant thought
about Mr. Tanger.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine