Re: WBOQ

On 7 Apr 2002 at 20:42, Bob Nelson wrote:

> Actually, I would prefer that sort of stuff to
> classical anyway, and I'm glad they seem to be avidly
> serving the North Shore (unlike some stations which
> may be licensed to Framingham, Lowell, or Lawrence
> but would have you believe they're a Boston station...)

For awhile at least they were making some effort to compete with WCRB in the Boston area,
but they have a problem in that, with Northeastern's WRBB on the same frequency, their
signal just doesn't get into Boston very well.  I can get them in Brookline, but only with some
difficulty and careful antenna placement, but it's not the kind of signal quality that most
listeners would demand.