My Trip to Wood Hill Andover

Earlier this week there appeared a license to cover for the 93.3 in
Andover, MA that's supposed to be a repeater for WBOS-FM.  As I mentioned
earlier, I've check out 93.3 several times since then, in my car and at home
and the only stations I've heard are the 93.3's in NH and RI (xmtr
Rehoboth, MA).  This is still the case.  Today (04/06) I ventured up
to the WKLB-FM Tower atop Wood Hill in Andover, just off Haggett's
Pond Road.  Since the last time I was there, the tower has sprouted all
manner of antennas and relays and dishes, but I didn't spot any new
FM antenna anywhere on that tower, or the new one where the old
self-supporting WLLH-FM tower used to be.  What I did notice was
the fact that Greater Media must be making a bundle from entities
renting space on the big tower.  From the base upward, there seemed to
be dozens of cables that diminished in number the closer you got to the
top-mounted main WKLB-FM antenna.  Am I correct that this is the only
tower in Metro Boston that Greater Media owns?  I wonder how much
$$$$$$$$ it generates?

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp