Re: WEEI picking up Fox Sports Radio

Bob Nelson writes:
> Fox Sports Radio hasn't had a Boston affiliate since
> it started a couple years ago but it looks like WEEI
> will be running them, at least part time. WEEI had
> been hinting that they'd be doing a local overnight
> show, "The Big Sexy With Pete Sheppard", scheduled to
> start last night...ah, but...April Fool!

Seeing how Entercom has cut into WEEI's programming already, I doubt they'd
go local in the overnights.

> Just out of curiosity (hmm, maybe they were going to
> have Pete on after all?), I tuned in last night and
> noticed they had Fox Sports Headlines at the top of
> the hour, then they went into a Fox Sports show,
> talking some baseball. It was lively and funny; maybe
> this is what they'll be running overnights. WEEI
> listeners had been complaining that they didn't like
> the ESPN show (Todd Wright) they'd been running.

Fox Sports Radio fits into WEEI's programming scheme ('guy radio') far
better than ESPN. Of all three national sports radio networks, FSR does this
the best. I am surprised Clear Channel is giving WEEI the clearance to run
this, since (if they ever get it upgraded) there was rumor they would turn
WKOX into another all-sports signal.