Re: Donna wants a t-shirt

At 11:01 PM 3/31/2002, you wrote:
>Any list-members from Connecticut who can advise me on how to get the
>brand new T-shirt of the NCAA Women's Champions, the undefeated University
>of Connecticut?  What a great season, 39-0.  I notice that only the Boston
>Globe really covers women's basketball-- our old friend Susan Bickelhaupt,
>who was once the radio editor, covers women's sports very well.  Any
>theories out there as to why so little TV and radio attention is given to
>women's basketball, even when there are huge sell-out crowds watching the
>games?

Judging from the boneheads in the WBRS sports department, it's sexist
ignorance, pure and simple.  The neanderthals that dominate the ranks of
sportscasters these days refuse to acknowledge that women's basketball is
getting nearly as much attention, if not more, from the fans.

Speaking as a UConn fan meself, and a born-n-raised Mystic, CT boy with
many friends who went to UConn, I can tell ya - it's not the men's team
that the people in the state come out for - it's the women's.  And you
better believe CPTV (CT Public TV) is hanging on REAL tight to the rights
to the games - it's their biggest moneymaker...the fans donate big time! :-)

As for getting the t-shirt, you can probably order them online from
www.uconnhuskies.com or just jump directly to
http://www.uconnco-op.com/huskydirect/ within a few days.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com