RE:FMand AM legal IDs(was: WJPZ-FM Syracuse)

This is the first I have ever heard of such a rule.
If there ever was such a rule is it still in effect?
I still insist on IDing during (rare) simulcast mode
at the stations I work at:
(AM frequncy) Wxxx (City); (FM frequency) Wxxx-FM
(City).  The "xxx" and "City" are the same in both
cases.  Could I actually save myself half a breath and
still play by the rules?  Keep in mind that the
community of license in my case is four syllables.

Doug
(Fortunately for me I have been blessed with the
ability to speak [if not spell?] intelligibly at high
speeds, and can do the whole thing in about 4 seconds.
 Just curious on the rule; I could turn my 4 second
simul-legal into a 2, which leaves a full 8 seconds
available for sale during every 10 second ID break!)

--- Mountain Wireless <mountainwireless@skow.net>
wrote:
> The CFR says that a simulcasting FM and AM owned by
> the same licensee and
> having the same COL may ID the stations jointly,
> however it used to state
> specifically that the FM station needed to be
> identified as an FM station,
> even if the call letters of the station did not
> identify it as such.

{etc...)