Re: Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

<<On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:27:42 -0500, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> actually employs a chief engineer) crossing his or her fingers--if the
> designated person even remembers to do that. I believe that the current

Mega has a group engineer.

There is no earthly reason why any number of synchros could not be
locked using an external timing source such as GPS.  The big
transmitters already use GPS to maintain frequency, and the mechanism
to do that is already generating the phase-error term.

-GAWollman