RE:FMand AM legal IDs(was: WJPZ-FM Syracuse)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> I've always wondered about the once-common practice of giving the ID as "Wxxx- AM &
> FM."  Doesn't sound to me like it's legally correct, unless the rules have changed since the
> days when a co-owned FM station was usually just a repeater for the AM ( back when I was
> Adam's age).

I remember stations like WPAT/Paterson and WQXR/New York doing it like
this

WPAT: The flagship station of Park Communications, WPAT AM and FM,
Paterson

WQXR: These are the radio stations of the New York Times, WQXR and
WQXR-FM, New York.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few