Re: WJPZ-FM Syracuse (was: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...))

> I believe that's not the case.  There are many stations with the -TV
or -FM suffix where the
> base call letters are not otherwise assigned.  Local examples presently
include WHDH-TV
> and WROR-FM.  There's also WJZ-TV in Baltimore.

However, at the time WHDH-TV (on channel 7) was created, WHDH itself was not
available to be the TV station's callsign, it was in use at 850 AM. I
believe WHDH-TV could now become WHDH if they wanted to, but it'd cost them
a filing fee and the employee time of somebody filling out a form. Callsign
changes don't happen automatically.

Ben