Re: An 88.1 FM Station AND A Channel 6 TV In the Same Market?

>I note that the FCC Actions shows an assignment of a new FM station at 88.1 mhz in
>exotic New Bedford, MA.  That city is also the COL of a TV station on neighboring
>channel 6 (82-88 mhz).
>I realize that New Beford's channel 6 transmits from Tiverton, RI, but must put a
>certain signal in its COL.   Do wouldn't an assignment of an FM station on 88.1
>automatically be precluded?

Not if the TV station agrees to accept whatever interference the FM station may
cause, as is apparently the case here.  I think I even heard that both stations
will be transmitting from the same tower.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu