An 88.1 FM Station AND A Channel 6 TV In the Same Market?

I note that the FCC Actions shows an assignment of a new FM station at 88.1 mhz in exotic
New Bedford, MA.  That city is also the COL of a TV station on neighboring channel 6 (82-88 mhz).
I realize that New Beford's channel 6 transmits from Tiverton, RI, but must put a certain signal in
its COL.   Do wouldn't an assignment of an FM station on 88.1 automatically be precluded?

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA
(where I can LISTEN to WCSH-TV on my radios)

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com