RE: Louis Rukeyser out as host of "Wall $treet Week"

Peter Nurray (N3IXY) writes:

>You're absolutely right. His phone has been ringing off the hook,
>according to him...

>Sad, really. It wasn't a high fashion show, but it did its job well. They
>might be feeling the crunch, with fast-pace presentations like that of
>CNBC and Bloomberg leaving them feeling a bit... outdated.

>Still, his non-slick persona engenders far more trust from me than does
>Brian Williams'.

>I hope they don't take away that cool clackety-clackity intro.

IMHO this is the old TV ageism thing again. No doubt, they're going to bring
in a younger host. And definitely, I'm sure WSW is feeling the crunch from
such 24/7 cable networks such as CNBC, Bloomberg, and CNNfn. Let's not
forget, some three decades ago when WSW first aired, there was none of the
cable TV services I mentioned, and Rukeyser's program was just about the
only thing on the air that dealt with the doings on Wall St. Nowadays such
information is relatively ubiquitous.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)