Re: Swift won't run; stations expand coverage

I agree with you Dave. I think it would have been very helpful to have had a Republican primary.
It's funny because Romney didn't want a primary in the 1994 US Senate and did all he could to push John Lakian, a more Libertarian Republican, out of that race. He ended up beating Lakian, but I believe he was a better candidate for having to face him.
Swift dropping out means a lot of issues will not be elevated until the Dems nominate, allowing Romney to cruise. This isn't good for the state or the voters.
And once again, Swift either took bad advice or made a bad decision. It is always better to run, fight, and lose, than it is to quit.

Since I cover Belmont for CNC newspapers, the last couple of weeks have been pretty exciting for me. A local talk host on WTAG, George Brown, had me on his show yesterday to talk about the Romney rally.