Re: Swift won't run; stations expand coverage

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:53:28 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
<bobonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
> Ch. 5's Janet Wu reported this morning that Acting
> Gov. Swift will not run; Swift held a noon press
> conference to make it official. (Mitt Romney expected
> to announce his candidacy later today). Local stations
> are already doing expanded coverage of this; WRKO's
> Howie Carr actually went on a couple hours early
> (he'll do a marathon shift till 7 pm) to talk about
> it.

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but it's too bad Jane
decided not to run I think it would have helped the GOP in Mass to have a
real race, the media (there, I turned it into a broadcast thread) would
have probably remained focused on the Mitt v Jane race til the
primarys....now (after a few days as talk show fodder) the focus returns
to the Dems because there is no GOP race.  Too bad, I was looking forward
to it.
df