Re: WJLT at night (Was RE: WCBS off time...)

--- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
>snip<
> He got the CRTC to clamp
> down on CKTY after the station had flagrantly
> violated its license by using
> its day facilites 24/7 for at least 15 years. Of
> course, only a couple of
> months after that, CKTY moved, for good, to FM ;>)
> Can you say Pyrrhic
> victory?

   Hold on, now, good buddy :) My recollection of
history is that very shortly after the CRTC made CKTY
start operating in accordance with its license, it
announced that it was applying to move to FM. And, I
venture to suggest there could well have been a
connetion between those two events. And I say good
riddance -- that gave WBT back its nighttime coverage
in eastern Michigan / southwestern Ontario / Detroit
vicinity.

   As to WJLT having a nighttime license, I'd be happy
to stand corrected. I'd be even happier if I could
figure out how to get more timely, accurate and
complete information in this realm from the FCC over
the internet. For an outfit whose middle name is
communication, their website sure has always sucked.