Re: WEEI gets Patriots Monday

Steve O. writes:
> Is WVEI still a 100% simulcast of WEEI or do they have some separate
> programming?

For the most part, yes. WVEI does not air Red Sox games, though, so there is
some seperation in programming. The only programming on WVEI that is unique
to the Worcester station is Holy Cross basketball (I think they still air
it, anyway) and the PawSox. Also, WVEI will occasionally air a college
basketball game from WWI that 850 doesn't pick up.

Several years ago, 1440 (then WWTM) had seperate afternoon drive and night
shows, but those were cancelled.

> Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea if WEEI did create a
> regional sports network.  My guess is that it would be of interest to New
> England-area sports-talk stations, giving them the ability to deliver talk
> centered around regional teams.  Even if they don't deliver 100% of WEEI's
> broadcast day, it would be imho a welcome addition.

I believe Sporting News Radio is trying to do this with Eddie Andleman and
Sean McDonough's shows which air on 1510.