Re: WEEI gets Patriots Monday

Sean Smyth wrote:

>Curiously enough, WVEI (1440) is now billed as "a member of the
>Sportsradio 850 WEEI radio network." Nice two-station network they have going.

Is WVEI still a 100% simulcast of WEEI or do they have some separate
programming?   Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea if WEEI did create a
regional sports network.  My guess is that it would be of interest to New
England-area sports-talk stations, giving them the ability to deliver talk
centered around regional teams.  Even if they don't deliver 100% of WEEI's
broadcast day, it would be imho a welcome addition.