Wired - SWL receiver review.

Wired magazine always runs a column called 'Best' were they run capsule
reviews of techie gadgets. In the April issue, among the gear they review in
the 'Best' column are Shortwave Radios. They rate as best, the Drake R8B, I
can't argue with that, as the Drake is a fine receiver - though one wonders
if they've not heard of hardware such as the TenTec RX-340. Next on the list
is the Grundig Satelit 800, and finally on down to the Sangean ATS-505 (a.
k. a. Radio Shack DX-402). But I digress here, what is interesting is the
text of the little capsule reviews.

For instance about the Drake R8B Wired expounds: "A speaker on top amplifies
signals in the 10 kHz to 30 MHz range". Lol...must be a new acoustical
breakthrough I haven't heard about.

And about the Grunding 800 Wired writes: "And the radio's receiver
automatically locks on to a midrange frequency for better amplification"
okaaaaaayyyyyyyy....

I won't comment further except to say I'm amused. Maybe this is their April
Fool's joke?

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)