Re: Short Rotaion... (was: newspaper article)

One of the major problems I have with doing
voicetracked shifts is the simple fact that you end up
talking up the same songs over and over, there's no
full songs between the talk-upd, and with scott
stufios at least there is no way to swap songs around
like you could when you are live...
"And, once again, the latest one from kylie
Minogue...Can't get you out of my head..."  it never
ends...

> In the early 1980s Clarke Ingram (obligatory BRI
> reference) worked at KZZP,
> the top Phoenix CHR station of that era. I remember
> when "The Reflex" by
> Duran Duran was on super-hot rotation, being played
> about once every 1.5
> hours.
>
> As you may know, the song starts out a capella with
> a distinctive "da da da
> da" echoey intro. After it had been cued for the
> umpteenth time that day,
> the KZZP jocks (not Ingram) talked audibly over the
> intro between the "da da
> da das", saying "Oh no! Oh no! Not again!" etc.
> Hilarious as hell.
>
> I think everyone finds it funny when they (station
> and listener) recognize
> that a song is being played to an early grave.
>
> Greg

=====
Cooper Fox
   WWBX- (All new, all hit, B97.1)