RE: Telemarketing on Sunday

Telemarketers are fun to play with though....

Actual responses to actual calls to the Gitschier household, Jacksonville,
FL.

Credit Card... "um, no thanks, I just claimed bankruptcy last week"

Long Distance... Can your company service me when I move to Argentina? I'm
in the Navy...  (Or I've got orders to Operation Deep Freeze next month
[Antarctica])

Electronic Encyclopedia "Does your PC have a CD rom?" No, I'm still working
on Windows 3.1 and a floppy drive...

Firemen or Sherrif's Benevolent/Widow funds - Um, we don't have a
Serviceman's Widow and Orphan's fund... we just buy our own insurance... and
we protect the whole world... (my wife's favorite reply)

Newspaper Subscriptions - I already get mine every day at the radio station.
We rip off all our news stories from your newspaper...

Yes, hello, you're on the air with us live...

Sears/other contractor's home painting/roofing service... "M'am we live in
Navy Housing. Please direct your call to the Base Commanding Officer. If he
goes for it, then what the heck... "

Carpet Cleaning - "I've got hardwood floors".

"Hello? ... you'll never believe what you just interrupted..."

And from my 16 year old daughter..."Can you call back?? I'm on hold with the
Suicide Hotline right now"

The Acorn didn't fall far from the tree...

Ron Gitschier