Re: Andleman returns tomorrow to 1510

Dan Strassberg wrote:

>There isn't a lot of time before the CP is pulled for failure to construct.
>I can't figure out what Rose City (WWZN's licensee) has been waiting for.

Financial or zoning issues would be my guess.  What's involved in making
the change...are there additional towers that need to be constructed or is
it just tweaking of phasing?

>BTW, most recollections of 1510's terrible night signal during the days when
>the station held the Red Sox contract relate to the station's operation from
>North Quincy--before its move to 411 Waverley Oaks Rd in Waltham. WMEX/WITS
>ran only 5 kW-N from N Quincy, and--especially after the construction of the
>State St South office complex immediately to the west of the N Quincy
>site--was completely unlistenable at night in the western suburbs.

I can't speak for the western suburbs, but the signal seemed a lot better
here in N.H. back when the tx was in Quincy.  A decent portable could
receive it quite well (at least during the day).  The same radio can't even
hear 1510 today.