Re: Daniel Pearl

From: "Dan C." <dwcole@attbi.com>

> One of the rare times that I agree with Dan Billings.
> Pearl's death is a tragedy for his family.  However, his death is no more
> or less tragic than all of the deaths that have occurred since September
11th.

Well, that's precisely the point.  This death of Pearl is a sign that
September 11th continues.  (For those that thought it was 'back to normal'
now.)

> The coverage of Pearl's kidnapping and his death has been way
> overblown...but that is typical whenever the national media gets ahold of
> anything remotely juicy...

I don't know how "juicy" it is.  But again, this Pearl situation is a symbol
of something much larger.  That indisciminate killing goes on, innocent
lives are still at risk, the badge "journalist" is not the protection that
it once was.

The senseless killing of innocent civilians...continues.

>>be it a reporter in trouble, a murderous hockey
> dad, or a priest who doubles as a child molester.
> Just my two cents worth.

I think those two stories are much "juicier"...but we can always write them
off as the actions of a lone individual who doesn't have his head screwed on
straight.  But the Pearl incident is something much more...much deeper.