Re: Latest x-band receptions

At 07:25 AM 2/16/2002 -0800, Adam Rivers wrote:
>The 1670 I heard appears to ID with a station in the
>1200s... help!! I DONT GET IT!!!
>~adam

All stations migrating to the expanded band or "X-band" (1600 to 1700AM)
are allowed to maintain their original AM frequency for some time to allow
promos to be played on both frequencies; get the listeners used to going to
the new x-band freq.  I think the old one can stay one for one year at
least after you sign on with the x-band freq. Don't remember the specifics
off the top of my head.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453