contract question

I realise that WBZ Radio has given up/lost its weekend sports talk show
"Calling All Sports" and Norm Rescha and crew can now be heard on FM Talk
96.9.  But I was puzzled to hear Steve Burton on his show as a regular, and
I believe Bob Lobel is on there too.  I thought Steve and Bob are under
contract to WBZ (and to CBS/Infinity); and as such, wouldn't they be
forbidden to work at a competitor?  Or in this brave new world of media
consolidation, can anyone work anywhere at any time?