RE: Tower Lights Out

<Laurence Wrote>

> This has the potential to be serious.  Almost ALL the tower lights
> for the channels 25-38-56 tower in Needham are out as of this
> moment (02/10 @ 8:45 pm.  I'm visiting a friend in Needham, and to be
> sure I drove over to the Sheraton Needham parking lot abutting
> the aforementioned tower site.  I phoned the FAA to
> alert them to this problem.  How does something like this happen?

They could be replacing a couple of the bulbs! To replace the bulbs you must
turn off the bulb circuits.

My question is why did you call the FAA? It's not your tower nor your
responsibility to do such a thing. Did you try contacting the tower owner
first? The number is on the digital picture indexes on the Boston radio
archives. They can extinguish the tower lights for up to 30 minutes before
notifying the FAA about it.

--Mike

*                              From WAAF to WZZO
*
*                           http://necrat.tripod.com
*
*                          TOWER & ANTENNA PHOTOGRAPHY
*