Re: WKSS, Hartford-Meriden

WKSS used to be WBMI-FM, Meriden in the 60's. I'm not sure when it signed on
but probably the 50's or 60's. The transmitter was/may still be on West Peak
on Meriden Mountain.

In the 70's, studios were on Wethersfield Avenue, in an old but very nice
house. The station allowed me to "raid" their record morgue in the basement.
Took out a hundred or so old LP's. Dick Bertel, formerly of WTIC, did
morning drive, going head-to-head against his old friend and colleague Bob
Steele.

I don't know where the studios are now, being that I'm in Maryland for 22
years. The station, BTW, was one of three or more in CT that did beautiful
music in that era. Others were WTYD, New London; WKCI, Hamden-New Haven
(studios in Hamden, COL New Haven); for a time the old WICH-FM, now WCTY,
Norwich; and I think one or two in western CT.

 Macandrew