Re: NFL Nixes

>Chuck wrote:
> > most sporting events, even minor league baseball/hockey,
> > broadcast carry the disclaimer about the event being
> > broadcast with the permission of (league) and being the
> > property of (league/station) use of the descriptions or
> > events, or rebroadcasts of the game... without the
> > permission of the (league/commissioner, etc) as well as
> > the station...

Yes but I always took that as a warning to LISTENERS that they were not
allowed to tape it and then charge for its use.  I didn't think it meant
the station itself couldn't air a re-play of its own programming.  I mean,
this was Gil and Gino on WBCN-- perhaps other affiliate stations of the
Patriots Rock Radio Network would have needed WBCN's permission to re-air,
but I don't understand why WBCN doesn't retain the rights to its own
programming.  I think the NFL is totally wrong on this one.