It's Official: Too Much TV Makes Mush of Your Brain (Radio No Better)

The current issue of Scientific American magazine has a lengthy article
on the effects of excessive TV watching with regard to mood swings, self-
esteem and even physical health.  It's available on-line at:
http://www.sciam.com/2002/0202issue/0202kubey.html

Due to the changes at channel 2, I'm now watching too much TV on Friday
nights ("Inside Washington", formerly available only on channel 11 in NH
is now on WGBH...I've been sampling Bill Moyers' "Now", which so far has
not filled up its alloted 1-hour well...I may tape it and fast-forward
through the boring bits).
But in a typical week,I'm sure I listen to more radio than I watch TV.
This may not be good either;  a link on the New York Message Board
to CNN.com deals with the sad state of Rock radio today. Now I have no
use for Rock radio at all, but the article includes an electronic
(albeit unscientific) poll on the state of radio in general.  Over 70 per cent
of the respondents say radio is "terrible".  This is a result from the clientele
who visit CNN.com, not necessarily from those who (in the words of the
intro to LTAR on WJIB) "enjoy radio listening as a hobby".

Laurence glavin
Methuen MA

Go Get It!
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Lycos Greetings
http://greetings.lycos.com