Re: Bob Clayton, RIP

On Thu, 07 Feb 2002 04:12:41 -0500 Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
writes:
> It wouldn't surprise me if Bob Clayton did work at WLLH early in his
> career-- it was a feeder station for d.j.s' who wanted to work in
> Boston
> radio-- and especially those who ended up on the Yankee Network.  I
> think
> Vin Maloney did some time there... WLLH was owned by Gerry Harrison,
> who
> also did the publicity for the Yankee Network and announced the
> wrestling
> matches over the old WAAB.  Another WLLH alum was Sherm Feller
> (later
> public address announcer for the Red Sox) -- I don't have my files
> with me
> right now, but I will try to check where Clayton was before WHDH.
> Boston
> Ballroom was a big fave of my mother, may she rest in peace, and it
> was
> certainly one show I grew up listening to.

TOM Clayton was a staple on WLLH for years and during WW2 he was offered
a job in NYC but turned it down believing the war would be short and he'd
lose his job when the announcers that left to fight returned.  Others
that went through WLLH back then and became big in show biz, of course
there is Ed McMahon. also Ray Goulding (of Bob and Ray fame)  I never
heard of Bob Clayton working for WLLH.
df