Re: Super Bowl National Anthem

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:10:50 -0500 (EST) Scott Saloway <saloway@bu.edu>
writes:

> I'll offer this. I was in the car when the game started, listening
> to the
> WW1 feed, and it sounded, to my ears, way too perfect to be live.
> There
> was no feedback, no static, and otherwise crystal clear (and without
> any
> sign of even a quiver). Dat ain't how people sound in an indoor
> stadium
> with 60,000 screaming fans around them.
>
> --Scott--
It's my understanding that yes she was lip syncing.  I think I read prior
to the Superbowl that the organizer of the pregame show and possibly the
others as well, pre-taped everything and the talent had the option of lip
syncing or singing live.  Mariah Carey decided to lip sync saying she was
afraid of screwing up if she did it live because of the accoustics in the
dome.
df