RE: Limbaugh regains hearing

Sean writes:

> According to a report on CNN just a few minutes ago, Rush Limbaugh has
> apparently regained much of his hearing.

He's up to eighty percent left only. He had a cochlear implant on the
left, a protocol that's been around for quite some time.  It's getting
more advanced.  It's irreversible in that once you've gone that route,
(until one of our kids grows up to discover another way) he's going to
have to rely upon an external device.  The two main methods result in
different "sounds" that he's going to have to re-learn how to hear.  The
one he's using now sounds like "an AM station slightly off tune" versus
a "Chipmunks" (Alvin!) sound.  Can't blame him for the choice.

<Sidebar> Just thinking that now that I mentioned "The Chipmunks"
there's a good chance that Igo's ballistic now that Alvin and the boys
are running through HIS head.  And up until now, Chucck's still got his
hearing.

Bill O'Neill